Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sugar is the devil..and spaghetti squash is God's gift to me...

Ok so day 1 is over and here's what I discovered...

1. I am so addicted to sugar
2. I did not pack enough food
3. I am so lucky to have decided to start paleo the same day I started my period
4. This  is going to be tough.


 This is Eva T.  She does Paleo.


So I definitely had withdraws last night from caffeine and sugar.  The fatigue set in around 7:30 and by 8 I was out of it.   I slept really well though and besides some cramps I woke up feeling pretty good this morning.  I knew the first 3 days would be the toughest..but whateves I need it!!!

So I was on the phone with my gorgeous significant other (who does not have to worry about such things as losing weight because she's perfect:)) and she was concerned about me setting myself up for failure.  That maybe I should start smaller like just giving up beer for 30 days. She makes a good point.  Most diet plans say to start small and don't set yourself up for failure.  But here is my trick: I am taking it one day at a time.  Today isn't day 2 of 30, its just tuesday.  I have been through a million tuesdays and I will go through a million more.  Its just tuesday and I GOT THIS!  My food is prepared so I have no excuse other than I know I will want sugar so bad in a few hours I might kill someone for a stick of gum.  But I can do it.  Not worrying about tomorrow or yesterday but today.  Just get through Tuesday.

I am also really proud of myself for making it through yesterday because I have to say it was so hard!  I am so used to getting off work, going home and having some wine or beer and maybe  a little treat!  I had to fight it.  My best help is this blog and knowing I am accountable to 3 people and my mom.  But hey, that's something.  I won't let you guys down!


Here's how to make spaghetti squash the best thing in the world!!!!:


Buy one
Cut it in half
Put the oven on 425
Clean out the seeds and pulp
Lay it down on a baking sheet (rind side up)
Bake for 40 min but watch it so you don't burn it
It looks like spaghetti and taste delicious!!!!!  Use it as a sub for pastay.  Its filling and totally good for you!! I have some with chicken packed for today!  It only costs 2.47 and it gave me enough for like 4 days!!! Get ONE NOWWWWW!!!

1 comment:

  1. Where does one find this spaghetti squash? Might it exist in Dothan, Alabama?

    GO JULIE! You. Rock. I can't wait to watch you do your thang.

    - Jill

    ReplyDelete