Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life gets in the way...

So I haven't posted EVERY day like I should because I have been distracted by work, and working out, and well, other pleasant distractions:)

Look lets just say my blog has blown up to epic status and it is super hard to keep all my readers (fans) in the know constantly.  I've gotten a lot of attention on Paleo and CrossFit and of course myself which according to some people "I love attention".  And I dooooo!!!

So now that its totally working and people can actually see my results, all the haters are coming out of the woodwork and trying to figure this thing out.  You all know what Paleo is sort of, lean meats, fruits, nuts, veggies, seeds.  No legumes/soy/wheat/gluten/dairy/sugar.  But I am getting a couple really specific questions that I should probably address.

1. How many times a day do I eat?
The answer to this question varies.  Honestly usually only 3 or 4 which might blow some people's minds who hear you have to eat 6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism going.  So I can burn calories? Well because I'm eating clean I really on take in around 1500 a day and my body needs 1600 (I actually had that tested) just to function.  Add even one work out on top of that and I am burning almost as much as I take in.  I have almost no fat save almond butter, coconut milk, canola oil or fish oil which are all high in Omega 3s which is good fat that my body needs anyways.  I literally only eat when I'm hungry.  Not when I'm bored or emotional or anything like that.  Just when I'm hungry.  You'd be surprised how many times a day you are actually hungry. 

I DO NOT recommend you do exactly what I do.  I advise you go get your body fat/bmi/fat lbs tests done and start from there.  If it says you need 1700 calories to survive then you should be right at that and exercising for fat lose.  If you don't have fat to lose and you're working out then you might need to be around 2000.  I know CrossFit guys with 0 fat who take in around 3000.  But you have to play with it.  Do some research and find out what works for you.  Eating when you're not hungry doesn't make any sense to me.  Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're full.  Duh,

2. Do you take any supplements?
I take 1000mg of vitamin D, a super B12 complex, and 6-8 capsules of fish oil a day.  That's it.  Women past the age of 25 tend to be deficient in Vitamin D which often you can find in milk or outside but right now since its balls ass freezing and I don't do dairy I take a supplement.  The benefits of a super B12 complex are amazing.  All of us ladies need that shit around our monthly times because we become deficient crazy vitamin B starved bitches and will literally start killing people.  And don't get me started on the benefits of fish oil.  Its just awesome.  Make sure you get one that's been purified of mercury and all the other disgusting shit we have done to the poor fishies.


Um that's not protein.  Its roids and he looks absolutely ridiculous.  How does he wipe his ass??

Protein shakes are ridiculous! RIDICULOUS! Stay away from them at all costs!  Look at the ingredients.  If it says "proprietary blend" of ANYTHING put it down and back away slowly.  Quick movements might disturb the juice heads and make them pounce!

If you're trying to lose weight liquid nutrition is a bad way to go period.  And I hate to tell you this but if you are trying to get bigger than you are protein is not going to do it.  You need to lift and lift heavy.  And even then you will NEVER get big if its not in your DNA or your body type.  So stop trying.  All you're doing is giving yourself diabetes and cancer.  And that does not look good even with a hot beach bod.

Hope you enjoyed!  I cannot wait to put up my before and after pictures because ya'll are going to lose your shit!! Till next time.....

3 comments:

  1. I want photos. I need evidential proof that this paleo nonsense is working before I run (not drive) to my nearest paleo friendly market (which is probably in ATLANTA) and subscribe, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was cracking up about Pip! I had the same thought before I read what you wrote.

    I have a question- Where/how do you get the body fat/bmi/fat lbs tests done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will get pics soon enough..And all the proof you need is that it makes you feel great! Kira it can probably be done by your doctor or at a gym somewhere. They do them all the time so just google body fat testing in your area and see what you find! They might do it at gold's i'm not sure! Just check it out!

    ReplyDelete