Monday, February 14, 2011

WTF Peanut M&Ms, V-Day Treats, and an accidental cheese incident

So today is day 15 of my all paleo diet and I have to say one thing I have learned in the last two weeks is that preparation is totally key..otherwise you might slip up and accidentally eat some cheese.

I have been doing super well although probably not eating enough since I have been really busy with work and all thats.

So last night I worked at the restaurant and of course there were freaking v-day cupcakes.  Golden yellow with delicious pink frosting, and almond hershey kisses which are infinitely better than regular kisses (at least right now).  And a GIANT bag of peanut M&Ms which is funny because I was just talking to my friend about them and how they were definitely a factor in my cheat meal.  BUT I resisted all of it.  I know my goals and I know what I want to do and if I want a smoking hot beach bod there's no room in my life for nonsense.  But then there was the pizza....


Exhibit A: look how close they were to me all night!

So at my restaurant they have gluten free pizza which is awesome because I was starving last night.  So I told them to make me a gluten free with chicken, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, and a sprinkle of goat cheese (you can have that in moderation).  Well all of our pizzas come with fontina, parmesan, and white cheddar.  They didn't know I only wanted goat cheese.  So they made this beautiful pizza (all ingredients on top so I couldn't see the cheese) that I tore up in like 5 sec.  About the second piece in I realized it had cheese on it.  Suffice to say I still ate THE HELL out of it.  Hey you have to pick your battles.  And our cheese in not processed and all organic so whateves I did what I had to do.  No M&Ms and cupcakes and kisses warrants a little forgiveness.

So today's lesson kids is to PREPARE so you don't get stuck accidentally eating cheese or something worse like bread.  You got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment