Monday, February 7, 2011

Ok so I messed up a little....

Weekends are tough...I had a really close call on Saturday because I gave blood and I hadn't really eaten and all they had was nutter butters and cookies.  Luckily the vitamin shoppe saved me with a gluten/soy/dairy free almond coconut bar.
Lets talk about Saturday night.....



My best friend of like my whole life who I haven't seen in a couple years just had a break up and he wanted to hang out.  So I had a half a glass of wine with him.  Which went against my own personal goal of not drinking for 30 days but not really against paleo.  We were going to eat dinner at a paleo restaurant but the wait was like 45 min long so we went to this other place that was totally not paleo.  I had to improvise on the fly being that it was a mexican restaurant.  So I got a steak taco with a corn tortilla instead of flour and a buffalo grilled chicken taco.  Not the best and possibly not gluten free but hey no cheese and no flour so I did my best.  We did get margaritas.  I don't think tequila is paleo but they were skinny margaritas so that was paleo.  Just 1800, agave nectar, lime juice.  So I avoided all the processed stuff there too!

On sunday morning we had brunch at the paleo restaurant and it was awesome!!!!  I had a paleo frittata and paleo blueberry pancakes (almond meal).  It was delicious and all paleo.


The point is while I don't think technically I was 100% paleo I could definitely get pretty darn close if I needed to.  And I think the most important part is that you improvise with each situation.  You just decide what you can and can't do and go for it.  Preparation is best but sometimes improvisation is necessary.  Oh yeah..I lost 6 lbs this week and my body fat went down 2%.  Of course I didn't get to work out like I wanted to but that is about to change.  I think I've got the diet down and my next goal is at least 4 days of workouts a week.  I will obviously keep you guys posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment