Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today is a really sad freaking day for me.....

I have been sick lately in a way that is not appropriate to talk about on here.  Let's just say I've been having some digestive trouble since I went out on Saturday and had all those delicious PBRs.  I have been doing come research and have come to a very disturbing conclusion.  I'm about to get all scientific and shit on you but here goes.

Because I do Paleo I do not eat dairy AT ALL with the exception of MAYBE some goat cheese or something very rarely.  Because I don't eat dairy I don't have all those probiotics in my stomach to help  break down bad bacteria.  BUT because I don't eat wheat or gluten I don't really need them. 
Except for one tiny little beverage called Pabst Blue Ribbon. 
In case you are a little slow on the take, beer has gluten in it.  And wheat for that matter.  And sugar.  And its generally just not good for you as delicious as it might be.  Which I have known my whole paleo/crossfit career.  I know beer makes you fat...but I work twice as hard to make up for it.  Unfortunately now it is also making me sick.  I can't be having all thats.

This is the great/horrible thing about paleo.  Once you start and commit, the foods that were once just making you fat also start making you sick and messing your stuff ALL up.  Its proof that our bodies know better than we do.  So I am making a command decision right here and now:
I will stop drinking beer.

Ugh it hurts to say.  But its time I moved on.  My relationship with beer hasn't even been that great.  Let's be honest.  It makes me act ridiculous, it makes me fat, it makes me feel like a shitbag the entire next day, it costs money, and now it makes me sick too.  But don't judge too quickly.  We have all been in those relationships before where you just see such potential in your partner and you want so badly for them to be the one.  But alas they never are and c'mon they will never change.  So it is with great regret but somewhat of a sense of Tina Turnerness that I say goodbye to you Ike Tuner of beverages.  You have beat me down way too long and now I'm going out on my own for a pretty reputable solo career and a lifelong friendship with Oprah.

Now I'm going to go check into a Ramada Inn because what's love got to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment