Monday, June 14, 2010

Living the blog life

I am a CrossFit trainer. I am an expert at making entire meals from coconut milk, walnuts, fish, and avocados. I also help people go faster and suck less, including myself. I started CrossFit 1yr and 6 months (and 45lbs) ago. I was fat as fat can be, a full pack a day smoker (kill me) and a full large Papa John's bbq chicken pizza eater (delicious with buffalo sauce). I also frequented the Krispy Kreme by my house pretty much every other night. Needless to say I was on the fat track to type 2. Thank god I saw a picture of myself and went "Holy fat disgusting shit!!!" How does a former college soccer player get this way you ask? Torn ACL coupled with some seriously poor relationship choices and 6 years of not giving a shit. That all changed January of 2009 when I discovered CrossFit and decided to kick the fat thing and try being super strong and awesome. Its been working really well.

Because I have had to overcome my own fatness and I know what it feels like to have your feet tangled in a black band while you are using everything you can to throw your fat ass over a bar just to have your double chin graze it every time, feels. Therefore my contribution to CrossFit is definitely one of "been there done fat". So I am blogging because all the cool kids are and because I hope there are other people out there who look at CrossFit and think "I'm too fat", and I can say NO YOU'RE NOT! NOW DO 20 BURPEES! With love of course.

There are definitely a lot of people who blog who know waaaaaaaay more than me about everything. But I am here to share my experience and hopefully help someone else start there journey away from fat and into the light. Come towards the light.

1 comment:

  1. *their not there....I hate when people do that...sorry...I have a degree I promise..

    ReplyDelete