Friday, June 18, 2010

My mom could beat your mom in an awesome contest...

and here's why:  Just yesterday I was talking to someone about Paleo (something I hardly ever do, SIKE!) and I showed them my paleo cookbook that has literally a million recipes.  Everything from making your own mayo to chocolate banana cake:

 When I told my friend that my mom had made me this Paleo cookbook from like all the recipes on the internet, the young lady replied, "Dang your mom is AWESOME!"
Um duh.


You don't get to be as awesome as I am without having an awesome mom (and dad for that matter) so clearly the awesomeness is genetic.  Don't you wish your mom would make you a paleo cookbook? Of course you do.  But since your mom didn't and clearly she isn't as great as mine I will let you in on some recipes.  P.s. if you want to email me for some you can do that too.  Trust me there is a million.

So with Doug and the chocolate shake thing, and me and my former krispy kreme addiction, I thought I'd post something sweet and delicious.  So here is the recipe courtesy of my rocking mom.

Banana Chocolate Cake

ingrediants:
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cocoa powder
3 bananas, mashed



Pre-heat oven to 350

Cream oil, honey and eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  Add almond meal, cocoa powder and bananas and mix well.

Line a cake tin with parchment paper and pour in banana mixture.

Place in oven for 50-60 min or until cooked.  Test by inserting knife into center.

If you make this and you work out at my gym? You better bring me some.  And if you're Rivers you better figure how to make some sort of delicious creamy topping.  There you go loves, a little cakey cake to satisfy your fatty patty side.  But remember, on the seesaw of diet and exercise, when one side goes up the other side must compensate by doing 50 burpees.  Or whatever you'd like.  I will do 100 burpees and eat this whole damn thing.  That's just me though.  So if you ever see my mom you can thank her #1 for creating me and B for creating this cookbook.

1 comment: