Friday, September 7, 2012

Abmat Ass Chafing..and other CrossFit things

I'm not super special here and I know that. Everyone takes time off from exercising and feels like total shit when they try to start back again. I get it. And I get that CrossFit is hard for everyone even her:

That's Camille by the way. And don't worry she's better at everything than all of us.

But its hard to have been able to do something, do it well, do it fast and heavy, and not do it anymore. When I started CrossFit I sucked at everything which is how everyone is. Everytime I got to an element I couldn't do I just put it on the list as something to work on everyday. My list was long. It looked something like this:
1. Burpees
2. Thrusters
3. PULLUPS
4. Pushups
5. Squats
6. Oly lift (any and all)
7. Bench
8. Deadlift
9. HSPU
10. DOUBLE UNDERS

And so on and so forth. But I didn't know what I was supposed to be able to do. Everything was a bench mark, everything was a PR. I can still remember when I got my first double under. Or my first 250# deadlift. Holy crap. Amazing.

But coming back is different. Its a battle everyday. Its a CrossFit battle sandwich. The buns are regular CrossFit hardness. The meat and cheese and all the fixins are the fact that I used to be so much better, stronger, faster, Kanye, all of that.

Yesterday I did deadlifts. My FAV. Because I went from a 95# deadlift to a 265# in 8 months. I also weighed 50lbs more. And yesterday I tapped out at 205#. Frustrating. While my bodyweight stuff is infinitely better, it feels like everyday I add another thing to the list of stuff I just can't freaking do.  And it blows...big time.

Fitness, diet, life, love, all of it requires work. I have found that you can either do a medium amount of work everyday on all of it, or you can slack, and then have a lot of work to do. You can not exercise, and in six months you will have 3 times as much work that would've had, had you just done a little each day. You can cheat on your diet and then start all over, over and over. You can let things come in between you and your partner and watch as everyday you get further and further away from each other. You have to work at it everyday. For the rest of your life. That seems daunting, especially at first when you're not getting instant gratification.

I want to empty that running list of things I can't do. But that list will never be emptied. Never be checked off. That list will always be there because I can always get better, stronger, faster, lighter, happier, nicer, kinder. Do you think Camille has marked muscle ups off her list?? NO. Camille has put 30 muscle ups in 3min on there (i'm guessing).

Work. Everything takes work. A little everyday, or a lot later. Its your choice. But either way you're going to have to work to be happy. At least you won't be bored? Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment