Monday, April 18, 2011

Yep...I messed it ALL up...

Ugh the entire 30 days of straight Paleo almost a complete waste...yep that's right because I followed it up with almost 30 days of complete crap..and not working out on top of it...and so what happened you asked? I am not sleeping well..I've gotten a little fatter, slower, more bitchy and less positive.  Tomorrow I turn 28 and I ask myself how far am I really from where I was 3 years ago?  Because there are fundamental psychological things that I still have yet to change...

1. I am bad with money

This is a lesson I am learning the hard way.  It is also my #1 excuse for when I cheat.  It is cheaper and more available to go to wendy's.  Plus its still delicious to me and probably always will be.  Then I get in a cycle..and I can't get out.  The truth is paleo is not my budget problem and when I sat down and actually looked at my finances and then went to the store and started shopping smarter I can manage.  Duh.  Yeah almond meal is $12 a pound.  But chicken and veggies? Super cheap.  Knocking out the substitutions is the best thing I ever did.

2. I love instant gratification

If it looks delicious and I'm not be held hostage by a 30 day paleo promise? I WILL eat it..and eat a lot of it. Its something I've dealt with my whole life.  I am always afraid if I don't partake in something I'll be missing out.  It also believe it or not has a direct impact on #1..jeez go figure all of this stuff is related.

3. I don't have time

Recently my boss did an exercise in time management.  It truly was amazing.  There are 168 hours in a week. Go through you're actual schedule including everything you can think of and I promise you, you will have at least 2 hours left over to make your food.  The killer? Get up an hour earlier to workout/prepare for the day and see what happens.

These are really the biggest problems for me and I have been avoiding them for a while.  Now I'm tackling them head on.  I am tired of failing or succeeding and then failing.  Its time to make some serious changes for myself.  I am back on paleo and I'm also working on intermittent fasting ie. eating all my calories for the day in a 7 hour period.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Tomorrow when I turn 28 (i'm stopping counting after this one by the way)  I will no without a doubt that I'm better off than I was because I have the knowledge and the tools to be successful.  I have realized where my weaknesses lie and now I'm ready to destroy them!  Come on! It'll be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment